ABOUT INSERVICE AND MINIMUM (MODIFIED) DAYS
Inservice and minimum school days allow for professional and staff development.
Upland Unified School District believes that high quality, research-based staff development is essential to continuous improvement of teaching skills and concepts. The district provides or coordinates ongoing training that is aligned with the District Strategic Achievement Plan and Board Goals.
Teachers and administrators participate in conferences and workshops throughout the year that
allow them to grow professionally and provide opportunities for collegial sharing.
Some of those workshops included Effective Teaching, Curriculum Alignment and Mapping, Project GLAD, GATE certification, math, writing, reading and intervention strategies, Academic Vocabulary, and Too Good for Drugs. The Beginning Teacher Support and Assessment (BTSA) program provides support to beginning and veteran teachers.
The Peer Assistance and Review Program is in place to provide support to teachers in the areas of content area knowledge and teaching strategies.
Currently, the district offers four staff development days annually and at Pepper Tree Elementary School, 56-minimum days are dedicated to staff development.
What are Minimum Days?
Minimum days are also called "Modified Days" (shortened school days).
Modified days school hours:
- Kindergarten: All students from 8:00 a.m. -11:25 a.m.
- Grades 1-6 8:00 a.m. - 1:05 p.m.
- Every Wednesday is a modified day
Note: Modified days are listed on our school calendar as "minimum days." Other schools may refer to these shortened days as "compact days."
2021-2022 CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Wednesday MODIFIED DAYs early release at 1:05 PM
- BTSN on Thursday 9/2/21 presentations beginning at 5:00 PM-7:30
- Minimum day on 9/3. ALL students out at 11:15 AM
- Labor Day 9/6/21 NO SCHOOL
- 2 board meetings 9/7/21 and 9/21/21
- PTA Association Meeting Wednesday, September 22, 2021 @ 5:00 p.m.
- School Site Council 9/27 @ 3:00 PM
- 10/1 - Hearing & Vision
- 10/14 - Make-up Picture Day
- 10/21 - Great Shake Out
- 10/25 - 10/29 - Red Ribbon Week
- 10/25 - School Site Council Mtg
- 10/27 - PTA Mtg
- 10/28 - Reflections Deadline
- 10/29 - Kindergarten Pumpkin Day
- 10/29 - Trunk or Treat